Medical Assistants are unlicensed persons accountable to the providers and Office Manager. They perform clinical work under the supervision and direction of a qualified licensed professional. Medical Assistant’s scope of practice is performing a variety of office functions and travel to other sites when needed. Specific duties include:
- Performance of basic administrative and clerical functions.
Assisting with technical supportive services provided the following conditions are met:
- The service is a usual and customary part of the medical practice.
- The supervising professional authorizes the medical assistant to perform the service and assumes full responsibility for the patients’ treatment and care.
- The medical assistant has completed training and demonstrated competence in the performance of the service.
- Each technical supportive service performed by the medical assistant is documented in the patient’s medical record indicating name, date and description of the service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- BCLS Certificate
- Two years previous experience, working as a medical assistant in a medical practice or equivalent healthcare facility.
- Fluent in Assyrian required
Emanuel Medical Center, Inc. - 23 months ago