Northeast Medical Group
Position Located in New Haven County
Full-time with benefits
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, Saturday 8am-12pm (as needed)
1 Prepare patient for visit. Typically includes: Height and weight, history intake, blood pressure, EKG, urine, Spirometry, holster monitors, specimens collection, and blood draw (if qualified).
2. Prepares proper forms including consent, cover sheets, history & physical, vaccine and sick evaluation, incident, and patient demographic/registration. Obtain all necessary referrals and/or pre-certifications when necessary.
3. Stocks and maintains exam rooms, phlebotomy tray, draw station, and lab area with the appropriate supplies.
4. Prepare and maintain equipment, including maintenance log and sterilization, required by Department of Public Health and Practice Policy and Procedures.
5. Provide office support including, but not limited to, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, registering patients, entering charges and maintaining and ordering office supplies.
6. Utilizes office equipment as necessary, including proper use as per instructions, following practice policy and procedures for office equipment.
7. Perform all functions required to bring a patient's account to closed status. Maintains current front end edits as represented in policy and procedures.
8. Maintains knowledge of practice policy, current coding, OSHA regulations, and CLIA regulations.
9. Perform other duties as assigned
High School Graduate or equivalent, Medical Assistant Certified or equivalent Medical Assistant prior experience in Private Practice.
Minimum of 2 years of private practice medical assistant experience preferred in Primary Care and /or Specialty Practice. BLS certification.
creates opportunities for enhanced collaboration, quality of care and physician alignment, all with the support and resources of Yale New Haven Health. Northeast Medical Group includes individual and group practices from Westchester County, New York, to southeastern Connecticut. In addition to these community-based primary care and specialty practices, NEMG includes hospitalists at all three Yale New Haven Health System (YNHHS) hospitals.
NEMG’s innovative practice model:
- Provides stability and improves efficiency among physicians
- Facilitates recruitment of new physicians and addresses succession planning
- Meets the challenging work/life balance issues faced by physicians in today’s health care environment
- Offers state-of-the-art clinical systems and high level marketing support
To provide the highest quality, accessible health care to patients and support clinical integration across the Yale New Haven Health System.
The mission of Northeast Medical Group is to be a physician governed, integrated group practice delivering high value health care that is safe, efficient and compassionate. In this role, Northeast Medical Group will collaborate with YNHHS hospitals to improve health in the communities we serve.
Northeast Medical Group will fulfill its mission by recruiting and retaining the best people, and creating a workplace that promotes innovation to improve the practice of medicine.
In carrying out its mission and working towards its vision, Northeast Medical Group is guided by the following values:
- Excellence in service to customers, which requires up-to-date knowledge, service, skilled performance and ensures a safe environment;
- Compassion for the needs that bring people to us, requiring all employees to be sensitive, responsive and respectful of each person’s unique circumstances;
- Integrity in all interactions, both personal and organizational, reflecting our obligation to the truth and our commitment to honesty;
- Cost-effective performance which provides full value to our patients, their families and other customers, only rendering care that is necessary, appropriate and effective;
- Leadership as a provider of services that responds to community needs and contributes to improving the health of our communities, as a model employer and corporate citizen.
It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please
this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
Yale New Haven Health - 13 months ago