This position exists to perform a variety of patient care services as directed by physicians or clinic manager. Assures smooth patient flow, assists with examination procedures, collects patient information, performs general lab work, provides patient education and clerical support. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires successful completion of an accredited educational program for the medical assistant.
- Requires knowledge of various standard laboratory and medical procedures.
- Requires ability to accurately collect patient information.
- Requires knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding.
- Requires knowledge of insurance plans and third party payors.
- Requires data entry and basic math skills.
- Requires ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires familiarity and operating knowledge of designated equipment and supplies.
- Requires the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse; low- income populations.
- Requires ability to provide patient education pertaining to a diagnosed illness; preparation for tests; patient care and diet; or related subject based on pre-established content.
- Requires the ability to work independently and assist with medical procedures.
- Requires excellent customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to work on teams.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 18 months ago