Work among the best. Be part of the interdisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. The Department of Clinical Laboratory is a full-service laboratory operating 24 hours a day. The staff performs millions of procedures annually, using some of the most cutting-edge technology and techniques available. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Medical Technologist Supervisor.
* Manages organizational responsibilities in a way that supports the achievement of unit/team goals.
* Works effectively with others in management to identify and resolve problems.
* Leads unit/team and models appropriate values and maintains and promotes social, ethical and organizational norms.
* Instructs medical technology students during their lab practicum.
* Orients new employees to laboratory procedures.
* Performs venipuncture as needed.
* Assures adequate supply and reagent inventory.
* Bachelor's degree in Biological, Physical, Chemical or Clinical Laboratory Science or Medical Technology from an accredited institution.
* American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) is required.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard