Uses initiative in ascertaining the appropriate actions are taken to ensure the availability of records when requested. Review the completeness of all records, scan documents into the electronic medical record, and ensure the confidentiality of record related materials. Maintain and manipulate Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Coordinate with other sites for the transfer of records. Perform all routine medical records-keeping tasks. Request and forward appropriate case related material to and from other mental health agency professionals by following proper HIPAA protocols.
Examples of Duties:
- Compiles and maintains closed cases from other sites;
- Thins charts and creates new volumes when needed;
- Serves as contact for retrieval of closed charts for MH/ID/SA sites;
- Maintains records in accordance with record policy;
- Processes and follows-up with Release of Information requests;
- Requests and sends information to and from other facilities;
- Audits charts monthly for critical information form;
- Scans forms into the client's electronic medical record;
- Files specified loose forms into physical charts;
- Files and pulls charts as needed;
- Maintains charts and scans at other related sites;
- Tracks missing charts;
- Distributes confidential faxes and mail;
- Performs any related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED; computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to multitask; ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal); proficient in alpha-numerical filing systems; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Strong attention to detail; physical ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. up and down steps; physical ability to sit for extended periods of time.
At least one year experience working with record keeping, to include chart creation and maintenance, filing of loose paperwork, p rinting appointment schedules, delivering charts, handling confidential health information and interpreting Releases of Information requests to ensure HIPAA guidelines are followed with preference going to those who worked in medical records. At least one year experience creating, maintaining and manipulating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. Ability to work independently with a high volume of work. Some experience with an Electronic Health Record including the ability to scan into and organize an Electronic Medical Record and/or the use of Anasazi electronic software preferred. Valid driver’s license from state of residence.
City of Alexandria, VA - 9 months ago
Shady Grove Fertility Clinic
Shady Grove Fertility Clinic
- 8 days ago
Medical Assistant (MA)
Take Care Health Systems
Take Care Health
- 1 day ago
Secretary of the Navy/Assistant for Administration (DON/AA)
Washington Navy Yard, DC
- 22 hours ago