Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Medical Records Coder.
· Codes patient visits with ICD-9/CPT diagnosis and procedure codes. Inputs codes into data base, monitors and completes the bill hold list (unbilled patient accounts list).
· Knowledge of the American Medical Association HCPC coding systems.
· Monitors current LCD’s for Pre-Certification process.
· Enters CPT administration codes for patient infusions.
· Flexibility in learning new applications for future computer upgrades.
· Answers coding inquiries from internal and external customers.
· Associate's Degree in Health Information Management; Bachelor's degree preferred
· Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification is required. A Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification is acceptable.
· One to two years of coding experience (ICD-9 and CPT) preferred.
· Good interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external customers.
· Understanding of computer applications.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 13 months ago