MEDICAL STUDENT COORDINATOR
Location: Methodist Charlton Medical Center
Department: Medical Education
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 year of experience required
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is seeking an experienced Medical Student Coordinator to join its Team:
Job Summary - The Medical Student Coordinator will provide Administrative support by acting as the liaison between the training programs and the Medical Students, Fellow, and Medical Schools. They will maintain compliance with the ACGME/AOA and MHS requirements for accredited rotations.
Work Experience and Other Skills
- Associate's degree is preferred; HS/GED is required
- Ability to work as a team player
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff, patients and family members
- Computer skills to Operate Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrates initiative, is a self starter. Is able to work independently, prioritizing and organizing workload effectively to complete tasks within the time frames delegated.
- Must be tactful and discreet in handling confidential and/or sensitive matters
- Typing and computer skills preferred
MEDICAL STUDENT COORDINATOR 20877-1090
- Collects necessary information for developing appropriate database analysis tools to meet current ACGME/AOA requirements. Maintains files and documentation for MHS’ IRIS report, as needed.
- Functions as the first contact liaison to students, faculty, residents/fellows, school administration for any issues or questions relating to the clerkship. Secures proper agreements between hospitals, accepts applications from rotators, verifies malpractice coverage, all biographical information, and works with Program Coordinators to establish rotation schedules and proper supervision.
- Monitors the student evaluation and grading process and maintains complete and accurate student files. Prepares, administers, and grades required end of rotation exam. Assists in preparation of letters of recommendation as needed. Prepares and distributes any post-rotation verification, if needed.
- Understands the curriculum, educational goals, policies, and standards of the clerkship and the Medical School. Knows the medical school calendar, coordinates the orientation of medical students. Manages daily operations of the clerkship, organizes and prioritizes necessary tasks, initiates changes and resolves issues as they arise. Secures Meditech and online access as needed for rotations from the IT Department.
Methodist Health System
- 3 years ago - save job