Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs, and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Medical Surgical Nurse at our Indian Creek campus.
· Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnosis/patient care priorities.
· Collaborates and coordinates care of the patient with the interdisciplinary team.
· Completes comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit.
· Develops and updates the patient plan of care.
· Documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy.
· Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and revises plan of care on an ongoing basis.
· Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin, handoffs, etc.).
· Implements the plan of care utilizing resources and best evidence.
· Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine.
· Involves patient/family in identification of expected outcomes and goals.
· Participates in unit and/or department quality improvement efforts.
· Associate’s degree in Nursing required, Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred; Current Kansas Board of Nursing License
· 2+ years’ experience as a clinical nurse required
· Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 2 years ago