Previous Hospital Experience Required
Performs Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, Chemistry (including specimen processing for reference laboratories) and Blood Bank (when applicable) testing using automated and manual techniques.
See below. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of hospital and departmental policies and procedures
2. Attend staff meetings and inservices
3. Completes annual competency requirements
4. Ability to use laboratory computer system
5. Produce work free of technical and clerical error
6. Evaluate integrity of specimens and validity of test results
7. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting on laboratory instrumentation
8. Perform and document QC and remedial action when necessary
9. Successfully complete both internal and external proficiency testing
10. Prioritize workload and tasks
11. Inform supervisors of problems in a timely manner
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
B.S. or A.S. degree in Medical Technology or Laboratory Science with one year of relevant hospital experience.
ASCP or NCA certification preferred.
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...