ABOUT OUR COMPANY
ValueOptions ® is a health improvement company that serves more than 32 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government agencies, we manage innovative programs and solutions that directly address the challenges our health care system faces today. A national leader in the fields of mental and emotional wellbeing, recovery and resilience, employee assistance, and wellness, ValueOptions helps people make the difficult life changes needed to be healthier and more productive. With offices nationwide and a network of more than 130,000 provider locations, ValueOptions helps people take important steps in the right direction. We help them live their lives to the fullest potential.
ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
At ValueOptions, it’s more than a job. Our employees embrace the company vision of helping people lead healthier lives. The over 3,100 employees on our team enjoy challenging career growth in an environment that values integrity, innovation, consumer engagement and joint accountability. Employees have access to comprehensive benefit packages; corporate discounts; continuing education opportunities, including our online learning portal, and more. At ValueOptions we strive to build a boundless culture and community of professionals that includes honest, open and free-flowing communication. We are passionate about the work we do.
If you have a passion to make a difference and a thirst to actively develop your knowledge and skills, join the ValueOptions team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Member Service Representative to join our team at our office in Wixom, MI. The Member Service Representative will a nswer subscriber and provider questions about benefits, eligibility, claims and certification.
- Screen incoming subscriber and provider calls/inquiries and take data to initiate cases.
- Quote accurate benefit and policy information regarding inpatient and alternative levels of care.
- Handle complicated inquiries and educate providers/subscribers in the certification process and reconcile inconsistencies and procedural difficulties when necessary.
- Perform all data entry for case initiation and update and enter data into system for non-participating providers.
- Special projects and all other duties as assigned.
Education : Bachelors degree in Social Work, Psychology or equivalent in a related health care field.
Licensure : N/A
Relevant Work Experience: A minimum of one year customer service experience or experience in the behavioral health care field. Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills especially telephone service skills required. Excellent time management and organizational skills needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Must demonstrate ability to quickly summarize telephone conversations and accurately input to a computer.
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain a professional demeanor during a crisis situation.
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate their customer service skills by participating in a test phone call simulation.
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Follow this link to be taken to our Job Board, where you can create a profile and apply for the position:
ValueOptions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug
Beacon Health Options
- 2 years ago - save job
Beacon Health Options is a health improvement company that serves 45 million individuals across all 50 states and the United Kingdom. On...