The Senior Manufacturing Industry Consultant is primarily responsible for supporting business development opportunities in the CFO/Finance area. The successful candidate will be able to articulate current pains and gaps in today’s most common approaches to financial data management and will champion a Teradata approach that is predicated on integrated data management and analytics. The role requires a consultative approach to financial management architecture, business processes, and solutions. The individual must possess strong communication and presentation skills. The finance Subject Matter Expert (SME) will work with customers, prospects, sales, partners and internal program teams. Knowledge and experience in financial reporting, profitability, planning, shared service analytics and KPI’s as related to Manufacturing will be leveraged to support solution based sales and consulting that lead to effective finance solutions for Teradata customers and prospects.
Essential Functions and Skills:
- Support sales teams (sales people, data and technical architects) by engaging and working with prospects and customers (at multiple levels across many different types of finance and IT positions)
- Assist in identifying and defining key industry finance & performance management related challenges and help develop sales messaging and collateral to uniquely position Teradata’s key capabilities
- Identify and develop new strategic finance opportunities for Teradata within prospects and customers that leverage Teradata technology including data management, data warehousing, data governance, professional services, Teradata applications and partnerships
- Provide finance subject matter expertise to develop strategic account sales plans
- Engage customers and deliver high value strategic consulting
- Design new high value strategic consulting offers to support finance solutions & specific customer needs
- Help develop, contribute and execute strategies, campaigns and programs to drive market awareness
- Develop relationships with prospects, customers and partners based on interpersonal skills and finance domain competency
- Keep abreast of emerging market trends and position Teradata to succeed both strategically and tactically in the CFO/Finance area.
- Knowledge and ability to navigate the culture and decision making process in large, complex organizations
- Strong financial management knowledge focusing on current best practices, regulation and hot topics including IFRS, capital management, profitability, financial reporting to position the benefit of Teradata Finance and Performance Management solutions with prospects and customers
- Experience in consulting/working with senior-level executives to influence and effect change
- Strategic and creative problem solving with a strong analytical focus
- Work effectively with and unite finance and IT teams
- Ability to expand and apply knowledge for effective solution sales and consulting (risk analytics, regulations, architecture, technology, data modeling etc…)
- Desire to learn Teradata technology, process and collateral
- Proven networking and relationship building skills
- Consulting & Consultative Selling (The Challenger Sale, by Dixon & Adamson approach)
- Strategic Planning and Thinking
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Five years or more of financial management related within a Manufacturing environment or finance related consulting to Finance, Insurance or Manufacturing companies.
- Experience within new regulatory projects (Dodd Frank, CCAR, Basel etc.)
- Strong consulting skills required
- Solid understanding of analytics, data governance and the principles of data warehousing
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a relevant field (business, finance, accounting, analytics, statistics, computer science etc…)
The position is a virtual (work from home) position with 75%-80% travel.
When you join the Teradata team, you join a cohesive group of energetic, enthusiastic, effective people who are motivated by the opportunity to take part in implementing a very impressive vision. At Teradata, we are committed to our customers' success. We view our own success through their eyes, and we place our customers at the center of everything we do. We are a community-minded team with a fun, casual, flexible work environment. We promote an environment where individual recognition and commitment are important to our overall effectiveness.
Join us -
and revolutionize your personal growth by working with an exciting, rapidly expanding company where your contributions make a difference.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
AMS Sales & Services
Teradata - 12 months ago
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...