AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases. In 2013, AbbVie will employ approximately 21,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 170 countries.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Serve as the primary strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments and resulting HR solutions.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring the effective “delivery” of all HR programs and services. Responsible for HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results.
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs; includes relationship management, leadership, HR roles / responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Be the ambassador of the HR organization to represent the services and resources available to the business and help manage the collective reputation of the HR organization as a whole.
- Coordinate and implement HR strategies to meet organizational needs of a major segment of the business.
- Ensure actions and delivery of Practice and Service Centers align with overall HR strategy and meet the needs of the business.
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Develop proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting a major business segment.
- Prioritize critical projects based on business need and available resources.
- Manage and leverage human and financial resources within scope of delivered project services while supporting a major segment of the business.
- Secure organizational commitment to fund and implement said projects.
- Facilitate and implement change. Ensure that day-to-day activities are moving forward.
- Manage delivery of HR services across a major segment of the business.
- Ensure appropriate amount of resource planning is accounted for by the Practice and Service Centers to support the needs of the respective business segment.
- Responsible for managing business needs of multiple senior leadership teams. Know the Business.
- Significant depth of knowledge of critical success factors and challenges for a major business segment and its role in the larger AbbVie business models.
- Must be able to understand and utilize historical and broad organizational data when weighing business HR decisions and actions.
- Able to understand all the options available and the potential impact of those options across the respective business units, as well as within the larger AbbVie business models.
- Have credibility with Sr. Management to maximize successful outcomes.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Must be able to think creatively across a wide breadth of business segment(s) as well as deep into the respective organizations.
- Identification of trends and new approaches to business processes should be both incremental as well as “ahead of the curve”.
- Initiatives and changes to current business processes must have a clear linkage with other organizational efforts being proposed or already ongoing in the respective business.
- Responsible for the diagnosis, development and delivery of HR strategies, programs and services that influence and drive the needs of the respective business.
- Latitude (range of function) of decisions and actions are determined by the complexity and impact on the respective business segment.
- Ensure strategies incorporate and are consistent with divisional/corporate values, sound and ethical business practices and AbbVie HR practices and support the long-range business plan.
Minimum Experience / Training Required:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required; MBA or Master's Degree preferred.
- SPHR Certification preferred.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting the business preferred.
- Project management or business experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational development activity preferred.
- Significant breadth of understanding of functional HR roles and responsibilities and impact on the business.
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
AbbVie is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott Laboratories.Together with its...