A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and customer service skills. Good understanding of store operations preferred. Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions. Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. Ability to use technical information to solve problems. Ability to lead and direct others. Must be accredited by the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals or similar accrediting organization as a “Certified Food Safety Manager” or will be required to attend company provided training and have the ability to achieve accreditation within the first 90 days of employment. Accreditation must be maintained while employed in a position requiring accreditation.
1. Promote customer goodwill by role modeling and providing high standards in customer service.
2. Foster a positive and inclusive environment to associates.
3. Manage the Office/Front End/Service Center operations in accordance with established department standard practices.
4. Manage work schedules to effectively maintain customer service standards and meet associates’ personal needs.
5. Hire, train and develop associates to meet the departmental needs.
6. Use good judgement in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
7. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all Front End/Office/Service Center associates assigned.
8. Verify all customer IDs and ensure compliance with check cashing and tobacco/alcohol beverage sales policies.
9. Attain departmental budgeted payroll, over/shorts, bad checks and supplies.
10. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Treat all associates with fairness, dignity, and respect. Provide recognition of accomplishments and offer constructive counseling when necessary.
2. Ensure department associates are properly trained by certified trainers.
3. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
4. Observe and ensure compliance with company sanitation, safety, and food safety standards.
5. Observe and follow all company policies and established procedures.
6. Handle cash pickups and change orders as requested and log as required.
7. Assign fixed activities to office/service center/front end associates during idle periods.
8. Ensure that return-to-stock items are handled in a prompt and orderly manner with the most immediate attention given to refrigerated and other perishable items.
9. Support and comply with all company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
10. Ensure that all of the various types of sales transactions and media accepted by the store are handled in strict accordance with established company policies and procedures including full compliance with any legal requirements.
11. Supervise the effective operation of the office/service center/front end/bottle room (if applicable) to include cleanliness, customer service, and accurate transactions.
12. Secure office and front-end podium at all times when leaving it unattended; protect company assets at all times.
13. Have a total understanding of MPP, labor analysis, scheduling and ordering.
14. Follow all customer service department standard practices to ensure efficient operations.
15. Conduct performance appraisals in accordance with company standards.
16. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and follow company personal appearance policy.
17. Perform cashier and/or bagging functions as needed.
18. Perform service center/office associate functions as needed.
19. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...