The MICA Specialist will assist Case Managers with the assessment and treatment of consumers who are severely and persistently mentally ill and who reside in permanent, supportive housing. S/he is responsible for fostering and maintaining a supportive and safe environment for all MICA clients.
Responsibilities are as follows :
- Responsible for a case load of approximately 12 clients.
- Assists clinical staff in the assessment and treatment of residents who are severely and persistently mentally ill.
- Conducts substance abuse and alcoholism psychosocial assessments.
- Assists Case Managers with the development of individualized treatment plans.
- Provides counseling services for residents.
- Facilitates a MICA group at least one time per week for those clients who struggle with addiction or substance use.
- Communicates with treatment team regarding physical or behavioral changes in the residents in his/her care.
- Meets with Case Managers on an ongoing basis.
- Conducts client toxicology screens as indicated.
- Attends team meetings and case conferences as requested.
- Participates in biweekly supervisory sessions.
- Reports to the Program Director.
The ideal candidate will hold a Master's degree in counseling or a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of progressive experience with MICA populations.
Hours of Employment:
Full-time work schedule. 10am-6pm Monday-Friday.
Start Date: April 15, 2013