We're looking for an experienced, passionate MIS Manager to scale and maintain our growing support software infrastructure. This person will build a team to evaluate, customize and integrate enterprise software products including: Magento, Sage/X3, WordPress, Salesforce and others. The ideal candidate knows how to strike the balance between moving quickly and mitigating risk, can operate effectively in a fast-paced startup environment, and have worked with companies at our scale and beyond.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collect requirements from stakeholders explicitly and implicitly
- Design efficient, elegant solutions to meet stakeholder needs
- Work with the MIS team to deliver high quality solutions on-time
- Monitor and maintain the health of the MIS infrastructure
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Confident in modern web application development
- Deep experience in two or more of: Sage/X3, Magento, Salesforce, WordPress
- Deep experience supporting production with some ERP solution
- Experience with the agile development process
- Excellent communication skills (Presentations, whiteboard and speaking to groups)
- Experience with 3D modeling tools, 3D printing, and/or digital fabrication
- Startup and growth-stage background
- Experience supporting Retail POS integrations
Founded in 2009, Brooklyn-based MakerBot has grown to be a global leader in desktop 3D printing. MakerBot had 16 percent market share of all 3D printers (industrial and personal) made from 2009 to the end of 2011. In 2011, MakerBot had 21.6 percent market share. In 2012, MakerBot estimates that it now has a 25 percent market share of the 3D printer market. There are more than 15,000 MakerBot Desktop 3D Printers in use by engineers, designers, researchers, and people who just like to make things. The MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer has been named Popular Mechanics “Overall Winner” for best 3D printer and was honored as one of Time Magazine's Best Inventions of 2012. In addition, MakerBot was named “Best Emerging Tech” at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, won Popular Mechanics Editor's Choice Award, the Popular Science Product of the Year, and recently was awarded the Fast Company 2012 Innovation by Design Award as well as being named by Fast Company as “One of the World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.” And MakerBot was recently awarded a TechCrunch Crunchies Award for best hardware start-up. The company has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, the Economist, Wired, The Colbert Report, Fast Company, Engadget, Make: Magazine, Rolling Stone, Time.com, IEEE Spectrum, CNN, Financial Times, NPR, Vogue Italia and many others.
Makerbot Industries - 23 months ago
What’s it like to work at MakerBot?
Are you interested in joining a collaborative, creative environment where innovation and hard...