Responsible for diagnosis coding for all Laboratory records according to established guidelines. Assists with Laboratory Outreach registrations as the need arises. ICD-9 Coding coordination and follow-up with physician offices. Performs other duties as assigned.
See below. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Review and confirmation of all Outreach Laboratory requisitions for appropriate diagnosis coding.
2. Enters appropriate ICD-9 diagnosis codes in the HIS.
3. Coordinate contacts with physician offices for diagnosis and/or ICD-9 codes if not provided on the referring prescription.
4. Documents phone conversation with physician’s office according to Medicare guidelines.
5. Assists MLW Billing Liaison with patient/client follow-up.
6. Consult with Client Service Rep on client ICD-9 coding education issues.
7. Assists with Outreach Laboratory Registrations as the need arises.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
? High School Graduate capable of typing 45 wpm.
? Previous hospital experience preferred.
? Knowledge of CPT -4 and ICD-9 codes preferred .
? Medical terminology required.
White Plains Hospital - 17 months ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...