Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
MMU (Mobile Mixing Unit) Operator Orica's Opelika site delivers a variety of services to customers, most within 2.5 hours of the site. The job is roughly 1/3 driving, and 2/3 delivering products to clients in conjunction with Orica or customer blasters. The work is generally outside and consists of a good bit of physical labor in addition to driving.This role will require Mobile Mixing Unit Driving/Operation as well as maintenance and upkeep of the equipment. You will operate plant and equipment to provide blasting products and services to customers, and assist in providing a quality service of bulk explosives to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times. In addition, you'll help with managing inventory at the Orica site.Essential Duties: Safety, Health & EnvironmentEnsure the safety and protection of fellow employees, customers, the public and the environment by:
Commercial Ownership – run the business as if it’s your ownTo deliver the operational services to the volume, service type and quality specified by client expectations by ensuring compliance with operating procedures and standards
- Complying with the requirements of the Safety Charter
- Maintaining the Safety Culture by conducting all business activities with regard to the principles of Safety 2000
- Reporting all Unusual Incidents and Accidents
- Participating in Toolbox talks and in Monthly Safety Meetings
- Ensuring all emergency equipment and First Aid kits are complete
- Assisting in the management of Audit actions
- Ensuring minimum damage to the environment through waste minimisation and control
Creative Customer Solutions – Think differently, deliver swiftly and capture the valueTo manufacture bulk products and deliver the operational services to the volume, service type and quality specified by marketing to satisfy EHM expectations by:
- Ensure raw materials are stored correctly, ensure correct accreditation signage is displayed, ensure all raw materials are correctly labelled
- Maintaining the culture of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
- Notifying the Team Leader of any variations in product appearance or performance
- Assisting the client in achieving targets and maintaining production and cost standards
- Maintaining operational partnerships with clients Employees
- Perform other ancillary duties including relief at other locations, consistent with level of competence as reasonably instructed by supervisor
Requirements: Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience driving and/or handling materials.
- Requires Class B CDL with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements and a clean driving record
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail and math skills to handle inventory on daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks, and high priority situations to maximize efficiency.
- Efficiency Orientation
- Safety Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
- Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.
Orica USA - 13 months ago