Keynote DeviceAnywhere Division provides an end-to-end platform for planning, testing, and monitoring of mobile apps to ensure quality, performance and uptime of your products and services as you extend your business to the mobile channel.
We are seeking a Mobile Monitoring and Support Specialist to work in San Mateo, CA headquarters.
Keynote DeviceAnywhere’s products enable mobile companies to transform their products into the ultimate user experience by providing
Today, we assist more than 2,800 corporate customers in becoming “the best of the best.” Our customers represent top Internet and mobile companies including American Express, Best Buy, Disney, eBay, E*TRADE, Expedia, FedEx, Google, Microsoft, and YouTube.
- Pre-launch testing capabilities that help deliver content (games, applications, portals, etc.) to market faster, cheaper, and with higher quality
- Pre-sales marketing and educational tools, so that consumers fully understand the wealth of applications and features available, and can actually try them out before purchasing
- Post-sales support tools to better support existing customers and their purchased products
- Ongoing monitoring and testing tools to ensure applications continue to perform throughout the life-cycle
Keynote DeviceAnywhere is looking for responsible, motivated, organized, logical and analytical people to join our company as Mobile Monitoring & Support Specialists. The Keynote DeviceAnywhere (KDA) platform infrastructure is distributed across multiple data centers in the North America, Europe, and Asia (and continues to grow). In these data centers are thousands of phones that we monitor and care for to assure that they are available and operating properly for our customers to perform their mobile application monitoring and testing.
Our Mobile Monitoring & Device Support Specialists create the scripts that (among other things) monitor and clean our devices using our own GUI based tools. In addition to creating the scripts, our specialists are also responsible for maintaining the scripts over the lifetime of the device, and will also be expected to help remediate and/or escalate issues to other teams when device issues are identified.
Development of the scripts that monitor and care for our devices does not require any prior experience with scripting languages, as our scripts will be built using a GUI.
This position also requires an extremely logical, intuitive, tech-savvy and persistent person who enjoys the challenge of solving the puzzles that are presented as new mobile devices are released and need to be scripted.
Successful scripters will have the opportunity to work directly with our most valuable customers as a part of the delivery team for their internal test and monitoring scripts, therefore candidates are required to have strong written and verbal communication skills. The Mobile Monitoring & Support Specialist position reports to the Director of Professional Services and Delivery.
- Using your mobile product experience to help customers design and build insightful and stable monitoring scripts that will provide valuable data and actionable results.
- Communicating with customers typically by phone or email regarding customer needs or issues, and entering information into support information system to effectively manage and track inquiries
- Creation and maintenance of custom scripts for internal use as well as Keynote’s mobile customers.
- Researching customer-reported issues through hands-on testing, knowledge base searching, and contact with colleagues and other resources, and responding appropriately.
- Recording research results for the benefit of customers and staff
- Project management of customer deployments – defining project scope, script requirements, setting timelines, delivering a completed mobile monitoring solution.
- Assisting in recording, testing, and troubleshooting difficult transaction scripts used in Keynote’s Mobile Device Perspective product.
- Proactive monitoring and troubleshooting of customer mobile monitoring scripts.
- Maintaining open lines of communication with Keynote's Product Management, Engineering, and Operations staff to effectively resolve bugs and service issues
- Advising management on product development and operational issues identified through contact with customers
Keynote offers a competitive compensation package including salary, 401(k) matching, medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technology field or equivalent experience
- Two or more years of experience in a mobile technology support , quality assurance, or sales engineering position
- Demonstrated knowledge of the most popular mobile device operating environments – iPhone, Android, Blackberry.
- Basic knowledge of mobile technologies and protocols such as: 1xRTT, EVDO, EDGE, HSPA, LTE, WAP, SMS, and MMS.
- Ability to troubleshoot Internet and mobile issues from the end user to host, including an understanding of carrier networks, proxy servers, and router technology
- A self-starting team player with the ability to rapidly apply abstract theory to practical challenges
- Commitment to excellence.
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication, documentation, and follow through.
For additional information about the company, look us up on the web at www.keynote.com
Keynote is the global leader in Internet and mobile cloud testing & monitoring. We provide companies with solutions for continuously...