Perform a variety of specimen collection techniques from patients in patient service centers, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living locations, and client’s facilities. Additional duties specific to a location may include: reception, collection of billing information, specimen processing and client and customer service duties. A phlebotomist maintains a professional relationship with patients, clients and peers. Performs all tasks in accordance with the Company’s safety and compliance programs.
Professionally represent PAML and Affiliates to the community by providing high quality courier services for all clients.
Individual is responsible for pick-up and delivery of specimens, reports and supplies for client locations according to department/company procedures. Individual is also responsible to keep courier vehicles clean, perform basic maintenance checks and report any irregularities to the immediate supervisor. Individual is also responsible to accurately account for all items picked-up and delivered using manual (paper) or electronic data collection devices.
- Daily operation of company owned vehicles and equipment.
- Working indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Phlebotomy procedures on difficult geriatric, adult and child patient base.
- Public contact and appropriate representation of PAML.
- Consistent lifting of paper and supplies with weights up to 45 pounds.
- Stat phlebotomy service.
- Certified in phlebotomy.
- Must know basic test requirements.
- Acceptable driving skills as defined by PAML policy; must provide copy of Department of Motor Vehicles Report.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Experience in client service industries or related field.
- Must be self motivated and responsible.
- Must have basic understanding of computers and the ability to prioritize work volumes.
- Must be able to learn new skills quickly.
- Must have effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be available to provide emergency support to staff members if required.
Preferred education, skills or experience
- Experience in the reference laboratory industry.
- Experience in phlebotomy.
- Extensive knowledge of the geographic area.
- Good inter-personal communication skills.
PAML - 12 months ago
Pathology Associates Medical Laboratories (PAML) is heading for the high road as a leading independent laboratory services provider in the...