- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 - 2 years experience preferred
Patients and other customers judge the quality of health care on patient health outcomes and on their perceptions of what was done and how it was done. It is the responsibility of the monitor technician to meet and exceed the expectations of the customers through, but not limited to, continuous monitoring of EKG rhythms, interpretation of the rhythms, maintenance of monitoring equipment and communicating under the supervision of a registered nurse. Requires knowledge of the behaviors, developmental stages, physical and emotional needs, life cycle changes, culture, and comfort and care appropriate to the population served. Populations served by department are identified in the department's scope of service. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Ability to complete required training program required.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Public contact experience preferred.
- Data entry/computer skills preferred.
- Knowledge of arrhythmia interpretation preferred.
- Requires to Maintain annual competency. Must have the ability to frequently work in a sitting position; must be mobile from one department to another. Must have the ability and capacity to document in clear and concise fashion with accurate spelling. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, co-workers, supervisors and other hospital personnel on a one-to-one basis using the appropriate grammar, vocabulary and word usage. Must have the ability to respond and react immediately with unimpeded auditory perception of verbal/vocal instructions. Must have the ability to respond and react to visual observation. Must have the ability to learn and proficiently perform computer applications related to department operations. Must have the ability to complete arrhythmia recognition class with a score of 90% or greater. Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with everyone they come into contact with.
Ball Memorial Hospital - 14 months ago