Invest in your career. Invest in your future
Headquartered in San Francisco, UnionBanCal Corporation is a financial holding company with assets of $102.3 billion at June 30, 2013. Its primary subsidiary, Union Bank, N.A., is a full service commercial bank providing an array of financial services to individuals, small businesses, middle-market companies, and major corporations. The bank operated 422 branches in California, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Illinois, and New York as well as two international offices, on June 30, 2013. UnionBanCal Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., which is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. Union Bank is a proud member of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG, NYSE: MTU), one of the world’s largest financial organizations. Visit www.unionbank.com for more information.
Become part of a team where community, diversity, and exceptional service are part of everyone's job. Invest in you! Invest in your career. Invest in your future.
Responsible for originating conventional residential real estate loans for the Bank. Participate in related business development activities.
- Solicit residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
- Make sales calls to assigned Community Banking branches. Provide service to customers and prospects seeking residential mortgage loans.
- Interview applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk; obtain and analyze pertinent financial and credit data.
- Follow up current loans to ensure conformity with terms. Negotiate terms and conditions of loans with mortgagors.
- Keep abreast of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to private insured mortgages.
- Call on potential or existing customers as assigned to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Cross sell bank products. Answer inquiries regarding loan programs and rates.
- Provide sales and product training to Community Banking branches as needed.
- Develop and implement a marketing territory to educate the community regarding the Bank's CRA programs.
Typically requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. and must have excellent sales and customer service skills.
This position may be subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination.
Union Bank is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. EOE. M/F/D/V.
Union Bank is a full-service bank with offices across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, retail banking...