ABOUT OUR COMPANY
ValueOptions ® is a health improvement company that serves more than 32 million individuals. On behalf of employers, health plans and government agencies, we manage innovative programs and solutions that directly address the challenges our health care system faces today. A national leader in the fields of mental and emotional wellbeing, recovery and resilience, employee assistance, and wellness, ValueOptions helps people make the difficult life changes needed to be healthier and more productive. With offices nationwide and a network of more than 130,000 provider locations, ValueOptions helps people take important steps in the right direction. We help them live their lives to the fullest potential.
ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
At ValueOptions, it’s more than a job. Our employees embrace our vision of helping people lead healthier lives. Our 3,100 employees enjoy challenging career growth in an environment that values integrity, innovation, consumer engagement and joint accountability. At ValueOptions we strive to build a boundless culture and community of professionals that includes honest, open and free-flowing communication. Our employees are passionate about the work we do.
If you have a passion to make a difference and a thirst to actively develop your knowledge and skills, join the ValueOptions team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Military OneSource (MOS) Joint Family Support Assistant Program (JFSAP) Consultant to join our team in West Virginia. The MOS JFSAP Consultant serves as the state’s subject matter expert with regard to MOS, Federal, State, and community resources available to support military members and their families. In addition to providing direct support to command, veterans, service and family members; they provide outreach through JFSAP/MOS briefings to their state’s military and civilian sectors.
- Collaborate with military and community support services to understand the military populations within the state and their needs.
- Encourage community capacity building to benefit the military population.
- Provide information and referral services and promote a sense of military community among the geographically dispersed service and family members in the state.
- Develop partnerships within their state to bridge the gap between needed and available services and integrate military and civilian resources.
- Educate service and family members of all branches and components of the support services available through MOS via briefings and information tables at military sponsored events, conferences, trainings and other appropriate venues.
- Seek out opportunities to provide information regarding MOS services to military leadership, military support professionals, and community support professional in positions to assist service members and their families, in order to facilitate secondary outreach and subsequent referrals.
- Develop and execute marketing strategy to ensure awareness of available resources throughout the state.
- Provide activity information, via web portal, documenting the type of services provided.
Education : Four-year college degree
Relevant Work Experience:
• Five years of prior military experience as an active duty, National Guard or Reserve member (or as a spouse of a member) or relevant civilian experience.
• Knowledge of Military Support Services programs (military department and family service type programs)
• US Citizen
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs Excellent time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to brief senior officers, large audiences and other key constituents.
• Proficient in the use of Windows based software applications, including Microsoft Office Professional Suite, familiarity with SharePoint preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
• Will work from State NGHQ or virtual office as directed by manager
• Could require lifting of heavy boxes and display equipment (up to 50 lbs)
• Staffing events requires long periods of standing
• Will require 50% travel and frequent work on weekends
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
ValueOptions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment.
Value Options - 17 months ago
FHC Health Systems provides stability through its behavioral health care services, which are offered to millions of people through its...