The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- Applicants may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- A pre-employment physical examination is required
- Subject to pre-employment/random drug testing as a condition of employment
Back to top
BASIC HOURLY RATE RANGE FOR THIS POSITION IS $32.89 TO $38.37
- The primary purpose of this position is to exercise technical and administrative supervision over subordinate workers in accomplishing trades and labor work at the 60th Aerial Port Squadron Air Passenger Terminal.
- Performs work planning responsibilities. Plans on a weekly or monthly basis the use of subordinate workers, equipment facilities, and materials in an organizational segment or group.
- Performs work direction responsibilities. Assigns work to individuals and provides technical direction and/or help in accomplishing difficult work steps and processes.
- Performs administration responsibilities. Participates with employees in the development of performance plans. Applies Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Equal Opportunity Treatment (EOT) principles and requirements to all personnel management actions and decisions.
- Ensures education in, compliance with, and practice of security directives, good safety, and health habits in all work areas.
Back to top
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; (e.g. WG-
Mobile Industrial Equipment Operation Family
). Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which they are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is
the ability to lead or supervise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of principles, processes, and techniques of trades and/or crafts supervised and personnel management policies, practices, and procedures, including sexual harassment and Equal Employment Opportunity/Equal Employment Treatment.
2. Knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of the use and maintenance of hand and power tools, equipment, and precision measuring and/or test equipment common to trades supervised.
4. Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, sketches, and technical specifications.
5. Ability to plan and organize work assignments to include determining resources required to accomplish mission.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1. The work may require the employee to drive a motor vehicle.
An appropriate, valid drivers license may be required for the position.
2. This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gunn Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968.
An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
3. This is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) IAW AFI 44-107.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
: Recruitment and/or retention incentives may not be used.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is
. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
The numbering sequence on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
540 AIRLIFT DRIVE
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...