About The Climate Corporation
The Climate Corporation was founded to help businesses and consumers manage weather risk. Today for the ag community, The Climate Corporation offers Total Weather Insurance (TWI) that fully protects growers from losses caused by bad weather. In the future, The Climate Corporation plans to offer growers a full suite of complementary risk management products by adding MPCI, crop hail and other loss adjusted insurance products.
We are serious about our work, and we are serious about having a great time doing it. If you are the best at what you do, and are looking for like-minded people dedicated to having a major impact on the world, we are eager to talk with you.
See our video about The Climate Corporation and our Total Weather Insurance product: http://player.vimeo.com/video/5102912
About the Adjuster Role
The Climate Corporation is searching for organized individuals with high-integrity, and excellent customer service and communication skills who thrive on helping growers and agents in a self-managing environment with strong team support. Successful candidates will possess 3+ years of full-time MPCI and crop hail claims adjusting experience.
- Conduct field-based loss adjustments, reviews and inspections for MCPI and crop hail policies, per Company policies and procedures
- Maintain excellent knowledge of the basics of insurance statutes and regulations, crop insurance programs and claims procedures (per the RMA Loss Adjustment Manual and Company policies)
- Maintain valid adjustor licenses and certifications (for example NCIS CAPP certification)
- Encourage high customer retention with timely and accurate policy servicing
- Clearly communicate adjustment determinations with the company, agents and insured growers
- Support Claims leadership on loss reserves, quality control tasks, audits, risk assessments and field reviews
- Mentor adjustor team members learning to adjust new types of claims or review, or working toward CAPP certification
- Assist growers and agents with the set-up and usage of The Climate Corporation’s innovative technology tools for planning and managing their operations
- Support the Sales team with agency recruitment by meeting with agents and demonstrating The Climate Corporation's Claims team, capabilities and technologies
- Provide ongoing field support for agents, growers and Sales staff pertaining to crop insurance programs, policies and procedures
- 3+ years crop insurance loss adjusting experience, with up-to-date CAPP certification
- Possess strong interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Bring a track record of demonstrated skills at determining root cause of loss for MPCI and crop hail claims
- Good computer and internet skills
- Knowledge of production agriculture
- High school diploma or GED required, bachelor's degree preferred
- Can travel up to 75% with some overnights, and must have clean driving record
What We Offer:
- A driven and talented team that aims to make a large-scale impact through an innovative technology
- The opportunity to learn business and operations skills at a company experiencing rapid growth
- Enlivening, idea-driven work environment with an energetic culture
- Exciting world-changing opportunity - we are solving problems that have massive impact on the world
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Mobile phone service reimbursement
- Tablet and/or laptop as needed
- Company vehicle provided (based on expected mileage)
Climate Change Capital is a leading investment banking group specialising in the commercial opportunities created by the low carbon economy....