The Application Support Analyst is responsible for providing 2 nd level support for MQ Server, Message Broker and MQ FTE. Enforce organizational and operational standards through managed governance mechanisms that include the creation, communication and dispensation of integration policies standards and procedures. Monitoring message performance and capacity; maintenance tuning and root cause analysis of middleware.
It is expected that this Application Support Analyst will be able to work as part of a team and to perform the tasks involved in the role.
Formal Education & Certification
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
· 1-2 years experience supporting MQ, WMB, and MQ FTE
· Certifications in MQ Server, WMB and MQ FTE
Knowledge & Experience
· Knowledge of Tivoli Enterprise Portal
· Knowledge of operating systems (e.g., AIX, i5OS, Windows, etc)
· Basic knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, SSL, etc
· Knowledge of IBM WebSphere MQ Server, Message Broker and MQ FTE features and functions in a high message volume environment
· Knowledge of a multi instance queue manager
· Knowledge of the IBM WebSphere MQ System Administration Guide
· Knowledge of installing and configuring IBM WebSphere MQ , Broker and MQ FTE
· Knowledge of security concepts
· Good understanding of broker Publish/Subscribe functionality
· Knowledge of Eclipse tooling
· Basic knowledge of application development life cycle
· Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
· Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Knowledge of SOX compliance
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
· Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
· Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
· Highly self motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· 40-hour on-site work week with on-call support
· Minimum travel required.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
Ralph Lauren Corporation is galloping at a faster clip than when its namesake founder first entered the arena some 45 years ago. With golden...