Work among the very best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. Thrive in a dynamic environment of clinical excellence, constant learning, and leading edge medical research. The Radiology Department is staffed with Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologists, Interventional Radiologists, and Nuclear Medicine Physicians dedicated to providing quality patient care.
We currently have an opening for a MRI Technologist.
The MRI technologist uses radiowaves, magnetic fields and a computer to produce images of the body tissues.
- Assumes responsibility for performing patient care activities and other tasks that contribute to the patient's examination and treatment.
- Maintains a patient-centered focus and strives to support the mission, goals and values of the hospital, department and division.
- Maintains an organized flow of the patients scheduled, coordinate examinations in the most efficient order and perform exams in a sequence which minimizes the patient's stay in the hospital.
- Administers Gadolinium, Normal Saline and Heparin intravenous medications using appropriate techniques.
- Positions patients for all types of procedures and provides proper immobilization.
- Attends to patient's comfort during procedures.
- Performs daily work assignments in an efficient, organized manner and with an optimum degree of accuracy.
- Interacts with physicians and other technical staff to provide quality, safe and efficient care for the patient.
- Identifies nursing needs and notifies nursing or physician personnel if assistance is needed.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in properly caring for the equipment and equipment calibrations and promptly reporting malfunctions.
Minimum Requirements: . High School Diploma or GED and graduate of AMA approved School of Radiologic Technology.
Registered Radiographer (ARRT), Meets current ARRT requirements for CME credits and Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.