Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of MRO Manager for Maintenance, Repair, and Operating (MRO) equipment. This position is in Corporate Supply Chain and works closely with suppliers, and the business operations, finance and technical organizations to identify and implement cost savings opportunities.
Develop and implement sourcing strategies for MRO materials that may include: - consumables (such as cleaning, laboratory, or office supplies), industrial equipment (such as compressors, pumps, valves), plant waste hauling and recycling, plant upkeep supplies (such as gaskets, lubricants, repair tools), safety, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Establishment, negotiation and management of National supply partnerships and Material Contracts, heavy plant and divisional interaction.
Contract Compliance and Plant Governance
Manages Material Master, Online Catalogs, SAP agreements, PIRs, Source Lists,
Procurement and Compliance reporting
Collect, Leverage and Negotiate $80-100M of Global MRO, Services and other Expense Supplies
Participate in Berkshire Hathaway wide Leveraging Spend council, leading projects and/or facilitating Manufacturing council on occasions.
Work on setting policy for SAP controls, including inventory cycle counting, inactivating parts, setting critical spares guidelines and working to sell obsolete MRO items through external brokers.
Implement plant control services for vending solutions, assessing outsourcing opportunities, calibration services and waste management providers
Work locally, regionally, nationally and globally on negotiating and sharing National/Global Contracts for pricing which will reduce the spend in assigned categories for all participating plants for highest percentage of commonly used items and/or services across NA and/or EPEA plants.
Has autonomy to make decisions on who is solicited and awarded contracts, communicates outcomes to Director Level and below to plant contacts
Has dotted line reporting responsibility from all designated Plant Buyers throughout NA, which accounts for over 70 individuals throughout JM plants, visiting all plants to implement MRO contracts and services as requested, communicating policy and working with Europe and Asia associates to translate best practices in assigned categories
Develop and implement attacking cost projects, establishes and maintains monthly scorecard metrics and updates to senior leadership.
Develop formal Supply Agreements and Executive Summaries that ensure reliable quality supply.
Conducts supplier workshops to identify 5% annual cost savings opportunities and manages the activities to achieve the established cost reduction goal to ensure JM maintains a competitive position.
Ensures established working capital objectives meet or exceed corporate goals.
Develops forecasting trends and analysis for MRO items under their responsibility
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or related field
- Proven professional with a minimum 7 years experience in sourcing
- Demonstrated experience to include: Commodity management - Managing supplier relationships - Strong negotiations skills - Contract development - SAP experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Self starter with ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a matrixed team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Oral, written and presentation
- Confident with presenting to all levels the organization
- Proven leadership skills
- Established project management skills
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Continuous process improvement "mindset"
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Understanding of lean principles
- Experience in a manufacturing purchasing role
- Relentless pursuit of operational and professional excellence
Johns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial...