MRP Controller for Packaging and Ingredients – servicing Production/Operations in a Manufacturing facility. Sometimes referred to as a Material Requirements Planner, Replenishment Coordinator, Demand Planner, Materials Planner, Inventory specialist.
The MRP Controller is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the plant storeroom including but not limited to inventory management, receiving, and disbursement of parts, material audits, and data retention of SAP.
- Controlling inventory at plant level and coordinating levels with other MRP controllers as required.
- Adjusting, managing short-term dependent requirements generating from Production requirements which are generated by the Short-Term and Long-Term production planners.
- Responsible for maintaining all MRP-related data in SAP such that the planning for material demand is executed as efficiently as possible within the parameters of the software.
- Responsible for staging materials for Operations based on Short-term production plans.
- Responsible for planning replenishment of material items at a plant level with additional integrated planning responsibilities at the corporate level.
- Creating release orders and/or requisitions for packaging in order to meet demand.
- Acting as a conduit for communications from and to the procurement and operations departments.
- Supervising all warehouse activities and personnel associated with all Packaging and certain ingredients.
- Monitoring and processing MRP transactions and reports, striving for 100% customer service level with operations and other goals tied to the KPI’s.
- Validation of master data – done in conjunction with CMDM team.
- Controlling the movement of inventory around the warehouse, including assignment of bins and physical inventories.
- Security of warehouses and maintenance of 100% inventory record accuracy.
- All aspects of safety related to warehouse contents, methods, practices etc.
- Housekeeping within all warehouse storage areas/types. Continuous warehouse layout improvement and operation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to be proactive, self-directed and highly organized.
- Strong computer skills specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
- SAP Materials Management/Inventory Management and standard reporting in SAP or other ERP system.
- Practical Warehouse Management skills.
- Deep understanding of Material Requirements Planning, Demand Forecasting techniques, and a good understanding of Sales and Operations Planning, Long Term Planning.
- Supervisory/Team Management skills.
- Analytical and data processing skills.
- 5 years of experience in a Storeroom Supervisor position within a manufacturing/industrial facility.
- SAP or similar ERP system experience required.
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university.
American Sugar Refining Inc. - 16 months ago