Our client in Charlestown, MA is looking to add a Microsoft Access Developer to their growing team. The client is one of Boston's best companies to work for and offers a terrific location, cutting edge technology and the chance to work with a bright, high energy team. This company prides themselves on being a fast paced, results-oriented organization. They are looking for goal-driven, competitive and team orientated candidates. The leadership team encourages employee empowerment. The culture is hard-working, though they recognize that a balance between work and non-work life is critical to maintaining passion and intensity in work.
Seeking a candidate with 3+ years experience in Microsoft Access to design and support complex legacy clinical applications. This individual will work closely with the software engineers, project managers, analysts and other staff to assist in the architecture, design and development of various enterprise-level Access applications, and their upcoming conversion to web-based ASP.NET applications.
C andidate must have extremely strong technical and problem solving skills, be self-motivated and a quick learner. The candidate must participate in all phases of software lifecycle development, particularly in the design of technical specifications, coding, testing, implementation and support. The ideal candidate would also be competent with ASP.NET , SQL Server and other technologies in the Microsoft stack.
The candidate must also provide technical support to end users during regular business hours. Excellent communication skills are a must.
Activities include meeting with end-users to define their needs, understanding departmental operations, preparing detailed functional requirements, working individually and with other programmers to develop code, writing test plans and testing software, supporting implementation, compiling and analyzing data, and providing on-going support. As new projects arise, this person may assume other responsibilities.
To learn more about this position, please email Chris Mansfield directly at email@example.com . Thank you!
- Confers with designated analysts and project managers - develops technical proposals.
- Maintains and supports enterprise wide clinical software systems and services.
- Participates in all phases of software lifecycle development, particularly in coding, testing, implementation and support.
- Ability to iteratively develop, deploy and test according to given software specifications.
- Writes technical requirements documents.
- Assists other members of the team with technical support in the development and implementation of system projects as needed.
- Participation in end user support during normal business hours (M-F/9-5).
- Performs all other duties as required.
The Bowdoin Group - 15 months ago
The Bowdoin Group provides customized recruitment solutions ranging from executive search to technology contracting. Our industry and domain...