TEAM Charter Schools is a network of KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) schools in Newark, NJ. As one of KIPP's four key areas of expansion, we believe we are in a highly unique position to affect a tipping point in reversing the achievement gap. Because Newark is large enough to be significant in conversations across the country, small enough for just a few schools to quickly reach a high percentage of students, and culturally ready to invest in meaningful educational reform, we are primed to take advantage of this exceptional opportunity. Already operating four campuses in the city and serving over 1,000 students, within the next three years we will grow to serve 5% of the Newark population and hope to expand even further in the future. In the 2012-13 school year, we will open our fifth school serving a new class of kindergarten.
Working at TEAM Charter Schools is about being student-focused. It's about teamwork. It's about having fun, and having the freedom to work in ways that are most successful for our students. It’s also about making an impact in a city that is experiencing a renaissance and on the verge of revolutionizing how America views education in urban communities.
TEAM Schools is always looking for talented teachers with at least 2 years of experience to teach classes such as, Math, Science, English, Social Studies, Special Education and Spanish. Additionally, these teachers should have a clear record of achieving significant gains with their students. A TEAM Charter Schools teacher must have a strong belief that they can help close the achievement gap.
To learn more about TEAM Charter Schools, please visit:
www.teamschools.org or www.teamschools.tumblr.com
- SPARK Academy opened in August 2009 with 100 kindergarten students and adds one grade level each year until becoming a 500-student K-4 elementary school. Until SPARK Academy opened, TEAM Schools followed the original KIPP model of starting students off in fifth grade, but with over 50% of students entering fifth grade on a third grade reading level or below, we had to reach them sooner.
- THIVE Academy is set to open in the 2012-13 school year serving a class of 100 kindergarteners. It will be in its founding year, eventually expanding to fourth grade. THRIVE Academy represents our halfway mark in our expansion plan. Once fully expanded, it will become the second feeder school to our middle schools.
- Founded in 2002, TEAM Academy is the flagship of TEAM Schools. 360 students in grades 5-8, TEAM is committed to ensuring that every student develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence needed to succeed in college and beyond.
- Rise Academy is the second of two middle schools in the TEAM Schools network. Since opening in August of 2006, the school has grown to 360 students in grades 5-8. Rise Academy teachers are truly committed to teamwork. Most of the classes at Rise are co-taught, and each grade team and department team meets each week to problem solve and share best practices.
Newark Collegiate Academy
- Newark Collegiate Academy (NCA) opened in August 2007 and currently serves 365 students in grades 9-12. It will ultimately serve over 600 students, mostly matriculating from TEAM’s middle schools, Rise and TEAM Academies.
Teachers are required to:
- Believe deeply in the mission and values of TEAM and subscribe to KIPP's Five Pillars (High Expectations, Choice and Commitment, More Time, Power to Lead, Focus on Results)
- Hold high expectations for each student
- Possess a strong knowledge of content area
- Demonstrate strong pedagogy
- Implement the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Exhibit positive rapport with students
- Create and foster a positive learning environment
- Establish and maintain strong communication lines with all parents
- Be available for Open Houses, Parent-Teacher Conferences and other events involving parents
- Assist in development of curriculum standards and mapping Serve on school committees as needed
- Perform clerical duties, as required, relating to textbooks, instructional supplies, student reports and records, attendance reports, etc.
- Remain on call in the evenings (via school cell phone) to provide student support
- Must have a minimum of two years teaching experience
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have a desire to be a part of a fun, team-oriented, mission-driven school
- Must have a strong work ethic, and a sense of humor
For more specific information about careers at one of the schools in our network, please visit: www.teamschools.org/careers/
Should your initial qualifications and experiences meet the needs of our students you will be contacted by one of the members of our recruitment team to guide you through your interview process.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
TEAM Charter Schools
- 2 years ago - save job