One hundred years ago, the American Cancer Society began the fight of a lifetime – the fight against cancer. After 100 years of saving lives and creating more birthdays, we’re leading the way in working tirelessly to transform cancer from deadly to treatable and from treatable to preventable. We want to finish the fight against Cancer. In fact, we’ve never been more ready to put the American Cancer Society out of business.
That’s why we’re embarking on our most ambitious undertaking yet. Each year, we help cancer patients everywhere get the help they need when they need it.
As the largest voluntary health organization, the American Cancer Society is passionately committed to saving lives from cancer. We are working to create a world with less cancer and more birthdays – a world where cancer never steals another year from anyone’s life. The ACS combines relentless passion with the wisdom of nearly a century of experience to make this vision a reality, and they get results. The ACS saves lives by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and fighting back. Thanks in part to this work; nearly 12 million cancer survivors and countless others who have avoided the disease will celebrate a birthday this year.
As the official sponsor of birthdays, we know how important each and every birthday is!
This position will focus on recruiting businesses, coporations, schools, health care organizations and the great community to participate in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.
• Research companies/markets using Internet browsers to collect contact information for new leads.
• Cold call outreach to new Business and Corporate contacts to establish new relationships.
• Promote the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event to those contacts.
• Identify, recruit & educate team leaders on how to build their team and how to implement fundraising activities to support our Making Strides event.
• Track and monitor participants using event database.
• Assist in the implementation of the Kick-Off Breakfast and Making Strides event.
• Previous outbound sales call, community outreach, teleservice industry experience preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with key decision-makers.
• Demonstrated ability to inspire, influence, and persuade others to take action.
• Must be comfortable doing outreach and spending majority of time on the phone.
• Ability/willingness to learn and apply new skills quickly.
• Must be self-motivated and goal oriented and able to work in a team environment.
• Must have high energy and a positive attitude.
• Demonstrated project management skills with high attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor and to adjust to various audiences.
• Demonstrated conflict management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with co-workers & volunteers.
• Excellent written communication, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, database and spreadsheet management, email software, and internet browsers.
• Ability to travel, limited, within the region.
• Non-profit/Fundraising experience a plus.
Customer experience and/ or training is a plus
Staff have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
American Cancer Society - 17 months ago
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide community-based voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major...