Primary Job Responsibilities
eBay’s global Customer Service Solutions (GSS) Technology team is looking for a very talented, innovative and driven Business Systems Analyst (BSA) who will work closely with CS Operations teams to drive Reporting Solutions that will help CS effectively monitor and manage the agent and customer experience. The BSA will also work closely with CS Operations, Product Development, Quality Assurance and Program management teams throughout the Product lifecycle. Emphasis will be on identifying innovative, efficient, scalable solutions and driving their implementation.
- Act as a liaison between CS Operations and Engineering organizations in aligning requirements with the delivery of strategic objectives.
- Facilitate requirements and design meetings to understand and collect product, business and technical needs.
- Define product requirements including writing clear, detailed, and thorough specifications for simple to complex features.
- Key deliverables for Reporting BSA’s include: Product Requirement Documents (PRD), Back-end (ETL) Source to Target Maps (STM), Front-End (BI) Source to Target Maps, Testing Plans, Project Plans, and Scoping documents.
- Perform project management for the projects.
- Resolve ambiguities and conflicting business and technical requirements.
- Proactively identify issues concerning technical limitations and key product requirements.
- Work with engineering to ensure technical specifications and final product meets the defined business requirements and design.
- Identify and design new processes that may be required in support of the project, using and adapting existing processes where possible.
- Ensure new processes are transitioned to appropriate owners for ongoing support.
- BS or equivalent degree plus 8+ years or Master’s degree and 6+ years of BSA or related work experience.
- At least 4-6 years experience as a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) in Data Warehousing realm with strong Planning/Analytical Skills, as well as highly proficient in SQL skills
- Strong technical knowledge with databases, data marts, data warehousing and reporting tools (Oracle BI and Microstrategy)
- Experience working in a Contact Center, with solid understanding of key metrics that are leveraged by CS Operations
- Strong background in business systems analysis (preferably with customer support organizations, Siebel CRM, and/or Data Warehousing)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and experience applying these skills to resolve strategic business and product questions, product design and technical issues.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, complex design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements.
- Ability to summarize and present complex issues to a variety of audiences: technical, non-technical and executive personnel
- Ability to understand and challenge technical proposals.
- Ability to develop use cases.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills, proficient in PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Excel.
- Strong project management background with a focus on the product development lifecycle.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced and iterative environment and manage continuously evolving business needs.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects across cross-functional teams and multiple client groups.
- Data warehousing
- Reporting, business analysis, and SQL
- Complex data platforms, integrations and ETL
BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree
eBay is where the world goes to shop, sell, and give. Every day, our professionals connect millions of buyers and sellers around the globe,...