The primary responsibility for this position is to design wide analog and mixed signal IP portfolio in CMOS deep sub-micron processes (65nm and below). Duties will include design of high speed transceiver elements (USB, SATA, PCIe) such as PLLs, DLLs, CDR, Opamps, Tx, Rx, bias references, voltage regulators, high speed IO interfaces.
· Design high speed, low power, low jitter PLLs (RO, LC), DLLs, and frequency dividers
· Design op-amps, bandgap references, regulators, ADC, DAC
· Design high speed IO interfaces, clock and data recovery CDR
· Design high speed Tx, Rx, Equalizer
· Top level SerDes PHY design plus integration and AMS verification
· Familiar with high speed digital circuit design
· Support debug and bench characterization to ensure silicon quality
· In-depth knowledge analog and digital layout techniques and supervise closely layout engineers, provide floor-plan and layout guidelines
· Support the IPs portfolio design flow and documentations
· BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
· 10+ years experience in analog and mixed signal SerDes PHY and circuits design (PLLs, DLLs, CDR, Tx, Rx, Opamps, Voltage regulators, high speed Serdes and I/O interfaces)
· Experience in high speed PHY design and AMS verification
· Requires strong understanding of high speed SerDes design (PCIe, USB, SATA)
· Desirable experience in ADC & DAC design
· Requires strong fundamental understanding of transistor level analog design concepts and CMOS deep sub-micron processes (28nm and beyond)
· Experience in silicon bring-up, debugging and use of lab instrumentation is required
· Experience with Cadence Virtuoso, Spectre, AMS simulator, Ocean Script, VerilogA, Matlab
· Experience in IP design flow, specs, and documentation, plus application notes
· Self motivated, team player who follows through with minimal guidance
· Candidate should have good communication and customer skills
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).