For over 30 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying. As part of the larger Panasonic brand, our name shows commitment and investment to improving quality of life. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Panasonic Avionics Corporation maintains corporate and engineering offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Tokyo, and Dubai; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities throughout the world.
We are looking for a MTS III Software, to design and develop software for the Linux / LAMP platform. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Design and implement database-driven reports.
- Design and develop SQL databases (with a focus on MySQL).
- Engage in Pair Programming and Code Reviews.
- Create Unit Tests, Acceptance Tests, and self-documenting code.
- Work with Windows as well as Linux servers such as Apache web servers.
- Code, integrate, test, debug, and refine the software to produce the required product.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software development, test and reuse, and manages their implementation.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Apply reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to plan strategic system migration.
- Develop system architecture and design including software, hardware, communications and interface requirements.
- Prepare, review, and evaluate interface documentation, specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Conduct analysis to define, analyze and allocate requirements.
- Prepare program-level documentation.
- Proficient skills using Internet collaboration tools, such as instant messaging, remote desktop, CVS, and SourceForge.
- Proficient with the Linux environment and Open Source software development tools.
- Proficient with interfacing to hardware, including writing embedded Linux drivers and systems software in C or C++.
- Linux developer at application and driver level, Windows knowledge will be a plus.
- Must be experienced with PHP and familiar with web development.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Highly proficient in project planning while addressing external/internal dependencies across multiple functions.
- Use professional concepts and applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
- Develop solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives, or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Use expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years’ of software development experience or an equivalent combination of IFE systems/engineering experience combined with 3 plus years of software development experience.
Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. The company, which is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America, makes...