For over 30 years, Panasonic Avionics Corporation has led the industry in design and implementation of breakthrough In-Flight Entertainment solutions that connect the business and pleasure of flying. As part of the larger Panasonic brand, our name shows commitment and investment to improving quality of life. Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, Panasonic Avionics Corporation maintains corporate and engineering offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Tokyo, and Dubai; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities throughout the world.
We are looking to hire a Web (PHP) Developer that has a solid grasp of business requirements and systems logic to develop web tools to enhance the current proposal creation process. Learns how to configure a system from the component level and translate knowledge into a tool for general use. Has specific technical project or product responsibility.
- Design and implement Graphical User Interfaces.
- Codes, integrates, tests, debugs, and refines the software to produce the required product.
- Develops software tools and subsystems to support software development, test, and reuse, and manages their implementation.
- Enhances software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency and robustness.
- Develop tool architecture and design including software, communications and interface requirements.
- Conduct analysis to define, analyze and allocate requirements.
- QML (QuickQt), OpenGL(es), Photoshop, Android, HTML5 experience is a plus.
- Proficient skills using Internet collaboration tools, such as instant messaging, remote desktop, and Synergy.
- Proficient with the Linux environment and Open Source software development tools.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Electronic Engineering field.
- Develop solutions to clearly defined problems of moderate to diverse scope. Analysis involves selecting the best alternative method or process from among several existing alternatives, or based on evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Use expertise, experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and make efficient use of given resources such as system lab time and down stream process owners and tasks.
- Ability to provide technical direction to assigned project teams and perform as a technical expert and a source of information.
- Demonstrated experience providing identifiable contributions to the success of a specific product/project.
- Demonstrated engineering communication expertise including concise written and verbal skills is a must.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 plus years’ of web development experience or an equivalent combination of IFE systems/engineering experience combined with 3 plus years of software development experience.
- Ability to travel to domestic or international locations as required, up to 5% of the time.
Panasonic - 2 years ago