GLOBAFLOUNDRIES is seeking an experienced leader in Parametric Test. This position would be located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ state of the art 300mm wafer fab in Malta. The successful candidate will develop and lead a team of parametric test engineers. The candidate will also be responsible for developing electrical parametric characterization to support the ramp up of advanced technology nodes on GLOBALFOUNDRIES’ strategic roadmap. This candidate will be critical in leading the development of the test infrastructure within a state of the art automated test floor. Support of multiple technologies and products in a foundry environment will be required.
- Provide strategic leadership over parametric test programs, processes and activities to ensure minimal downtime for the facility, the lowest cost solutions and establishing a world class operation.
- Motivate and inspire a focused, results oriented parametric test team aligned with Lean Sigma principles and operational excellence strategies.
- Develop short and long term test strategies, policies and procedures and direct the plans, development and implementation of parametric test engineering activities for a high automation, high volume fab.
- This position will lead the development and maintenance of electrical parametric test programs for in line monitor test on multiple process technologies.
- The position will lead the development of automated electrical parametric characterization programs for feedback to the yield and process Integration teams.
- Develop and improve yield characterization and data analysis methodologies to determine yield limiters, correlation to in-line defectivity, and electrical parametric signals.
- Drive internal test areas to improve data quality, cost, cycle time, and manufacturing robustness.
- Provide full engineering support to the test areas.
- Candidates will be expected to work closely with process integration, process modules, failure analysis, product and customer engineering organizations to meet all customer technology requirements, and corporate cost and revenue goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Circuit Design, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum of 10 years of semiconductor product yield or test engineering, circuit design, process integration or process engineering experience.
- Fundamental understanding of circuit design, electrical test, and the implications of electrical characteristics and performance on yield and product behavior.
- Strong candidates will have wide experience in parametric test engineering – including development, transfer of test programs across platforms, and tester and probe card equipment issues. He/ she will have a solid background in test platforms and languages.
- Knowledge of semiconductor processing and process integration, test chips and test structures for yield limiter determination and improvement, and electrical parametric correlations to product yield is important.
- Prior experience in transferring, implementing, ramping and sustaining electrical test in a high volume manufacturing setting with a focus on customer-specific product / technology analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a global cross functional team environment.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, ability to work effectively with all levels of wafer Fab organization.
- Excellent project management, peer leadership and mentoring skills.
- Contribute to a constructive, goal-oriented and effective cooperation with other departments within and outside the organization.
- Experience with manufacturing test in a high volume foundry is highly desirable.
- Experience in digital CMOS or analog circuit or test structure design, characterization, test/debug, yield enhancement and/or product engineering.
- Experience in advanced technology (45nm node or below).
- Ph.D. preferred.
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).