This experienced technical individual contributor will be responsible for supporting various advanced technology (20nm and below) Tapeout Operations within GLOBALFOUNDRIES. The individual will also be engaged in developing Next-Generation Tapeout solutions for EUV Lithography, 2.5D/3D TSV, and FinFET technologies. In this role, the engineer will collaborate with multiple internal groups including Technology Development (TD), Manufacturing Engineering (Fabs), and Customer Engineering to develop and deliver Tapeout solutions for Testchips and other early-technology Tapeout vehicles and Testmasks. The engineer will also focus on continuous improvements to support a LEAN, flexible and automated operations. The engineer will report into the MDP team under Global Tapeout Operations organization and will be based in Austin, TX.
· Support mask data preparation for all advanced technology Testchips and Shuttles during early development stages for 20nm, 14nm, and 10nm.
· Deliver Data Prep Execution solutions (LG/DSDP runsets) for 20nm, 14nm, and 10nm Technologies.
· Generate Techfiles/Keywords (SVRF files in OOTCl environment) for Implant/Etch FEoL mask levels and non-OPC BEoL/fBEoL mask levels.
· Develop next-generation Product Tapeout Request Form that enables tighter system integration (PLM) and allows for flexible user-input management.
· Define and deploy production-ready DSDP flow for EUV and other Test-Mask Tapeouts.
· Develop & release e-Checklist, e-JobStatus in close collaboration with the CAD-Systems group to support MDP operations.
· On-the-Job learning and training on all leading-edge technology solutions related to Tapeout activities.
· Drive Tapeout Readiness program for all MDP managed Tapeouts in close collaboration with multiple TD Program Managers.
· Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Physics with 5+ years of industry experience or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Physics with 7+ years of industry experience.
· Highly experienced with EDA tools like Calibre’s SVRF, RET-OPC, DFM and MDP solutions and experience with BRION’s Tachyon SMO, DPT/DDL, OPC+ and Tachyon LMC solutions.
· 5+ years of experience in Unix/Linux working environment including knowledge in shell scripting to support automation and data-query.
· Experience working in an early development and research environment where priorities and deliverables are in a constant state of flux.
· Highly motivated with experience in driving development and enhancement projects during a schedule-intensive technology lifecycle.
· Excellent communication skills as this position will require cross-site collaboration with both upstream input-providers and downstream customers (internal & external) across various global time zones.
· 3+ years of experience in Perl, Tcl, PHP, mySQL and similar programming/scripting languages to support automation, web-development, database management.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).