The Millberry Union Event & Meeting Center
The Millberry Union Event & Meeting Center (MUEMC) features comfortable furnishings, audio-video capabilities, and WiFi Internet access, making it a venue with flexibility—and an exceptional view. We provide quality conference center services and planning to the UCSF community and beyond. With three locations to serve our UCSF community, ensuring they find the right fit for their special event. Whether hosting a workshop, staff meeting, lecture, reception, a casual or formal event, our staff is ready to help our UCSF community present their best.
MUEMC is an auxiliary service reporting, through the Manager of Arts & Events, to the Executive Director of Campus Life Services and the Associate Vice Chancellor of Campus Life Services, to the Senior Vice Chancellor of Finance and Administration.
The MUEMC Analyst provides planning and analysis for MUEMC, a multipurpose event and meeting space located in the Millberry Union. This position reports to the Manager for Arts & Events. Some duties include general administration and customer service for representatives from University Departments, individuals and the local community. The MUEMC Analyst will track data on customers and space use; recommend strategies to increase space utilization and revenue streams; and evaluate and recommend solutions to problems regarding operational procedures and policies, user issues, and facilities issues with the center.
Additionally, the MUEMC Analyst will edit all correspondence and departmental external communications; research and compile information and reports; and establish rental rates for MUEMC space with the Arts & Events Manager. S/he will develop, recommend and implement administrative processes; develop, and administer signed agreements “contracts” for space use; and supervise and/or lead specific administrative functions. All writing requires a high level of tact, sensitivity, political acumen, and a solid understanding of university policy and protocol. Superior competency in language and grammar is essential.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. Required Qualifications • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Physical Demands: requires sitting; standing; walking; squatting; bending; waist twisting; kneeling; crawling; climbing stairs; climbing ladders; reaching up to shoulder height; reaching above shoulder level; carrying/lifting 30 pounds; pushing/pulling 30 pounds; gripping/grasping, fine/gross finger manipulation; repetitive movements of upper and lower extremities; differentiate color. Preferred Qualifications • Accounting (coursework/experience)
- Operations (coursework/experience)
- University of California system and policies
- Experience in event/conference planning
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of UC and CLS information systems (CounterPoint, CounterPoint On-line, FileMaker Pro, TMA)
- Internet web browsers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability for data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent communication skills; speaking and writing
- Knowledge of accounting procedures
- Ability to coordinate complex schedules, projects and competing priorities
- Ability to solve complex administrative problems regarding current procedures, equipment and space, exercising originality to resolve complex recurring or unusual problems
- Day-to-day administrative decisions with minimal supervision, working within general guidelines and ability to establish new procedures and instructions
- Budget and financial planning (coursework/experience)
- UCSF purchasing and procurement policies/guidelines
- UCSF human resources experience (recruitment, discipline, payroll, union contracts, etc.)
- Executive administrative support or equivalent experience
- HBS, HRDb
- General computer knowledge (office systems and UCSF systems)
- Experience in UCSF cash handling
- Experience working with Mac computers
- Experience with event coordination on small and large scale events