Assembles and adjusts subassemblies and major assemblies. Involves mechanical, optical, electrical and software/computer operations. Includes assembly of several parts into a rigid or semi-rigid unit, fitting and/or adjustment of interrelated parts and positioning of parts to ensure free action of movable parts. Responsible for inspection, testing and quality of own work. Must have basic mechanical aptitudes as demonstrated by doing machine assembly.
This position requires a Senior Machine Assembler, experienced at assembling numerous machine types, who will be an active member of the Video Machine Assembly Team.
- Commitment to being a team player with a flexible, positive, adaptive approach to resolving problems, schedules and changes.
- On-going communication and effective interaction with team members and with other departments regarding technical machine issues, REA/ECN status, and work process issues.
- Good analytical skills for identifying problem areas and creative ways to resolve these problems. Includes assisting team members at times to achieve troubleshooting or machine completion goals.
Coordination of sub-assembly and final assembly activities to maximize team efficiency and on-time performance.
- Receipt and organization of all parts associated with assigned machines.
- Organization and neatness of assigned assembly work area.
- Satisfactorily completes the Machine Assembler Aptitude Test.
- Creation and Implementation of required ISO Work Instructions.
- Responsible for Ontime delivery and Quality of Machine’s completed.
- Use of hand and power tools, mechanical fixtures, electrical fixtures and gages.
- Use of standard measuring devices such as dial indicators and micrometers to perform accurate measurements in both English and metric systems. Use of instruments such as digital voltmeters.
Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Ability to read and interpret machine specifications, blue prints, process sheets, wiring diagrams and assembly inspection instructions.
- Working knowledge of part requirements with very close tolerances (typical /- 0.0002 inch).
- Ability to operate computers/applications software, and follow established procedures using software tools.
- Good interpersonal communications skills.
Reports to: Production Manager - Assembly
- A.A.S. Degree or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Foreign language skills.
- U.S. Passport.
Other duties as required
Quality Vision International Inc - 21 months ago