We are world-class, machine learning specialists who work together on real-world challenges. Everyone on our team takes ownership of problem-solving, from ideas all the way through implementation. Our favorite types of problems are the ones that others consider impossible.
Everything the ML team builds is product-driven to solve a specific customer pain. While we are looking for people who are experts in a specific area, we believe that the best solutions come from collaboration. We expect people to apply their expertise to domains they have not previously worked in.
We use principled machine learning approaches, and encode product-level intuition and needs, but are comfortable with using heuristics to get the last mile.
Positive Background Correlations
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics, or 5 years of experience in the application of ML to solving real-world problems
- A track record of developing new approaches and methods for solving noisy, data-driven problems
- Specific experience in multiple machine learning and inferencing techniques, such as regression, SVMs, Boosting / Ensemble methods, HMMs / Graphical Models, Mixture Models, and clustering techniques
- Experience with general software development, preferably in Java or C++, as well as SQL and *nix
- Familiarity with recent ML literature
Bonus points if you have
- A deep background in one of the following: information retrieval / search ranking, natural language processing, collaborative filtering, ontology management / data normalization
- Experience with data mining packages such as Weka, SAS, EViews, Matlab and R
- Experience with "big-data" frameworks such as Hadoop, HBase, or Cassandra
Ness Computing Inc - 2 years ago