Job Title: Maintenance Journeyman
Sector: Plastics - Health Care Department: Maintenance Manager: Maintenance Supervisor
RELEVANT QUANTITATIVE DATA:
• Maintains equipment in safe operating condition
• Performs preventative maintenance, root cause analysis, troubleshoots, repairs, and improves equipment.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To perform tasks which increase the reliability, up time, and longevity of the manufacturing, support, and facility equipment.
• Maintains equipment in production ready and safe condition.
• Responsible for maintenance on injection, finishing, facility, and systems support equipment as needed.
• Using preventative maintenance software generates and closes preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance work orders.
• Participates in Root Cause Analysis and CAPA events.
• Participates in TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) activities, works within a TPM culture, and utilizes TPM tools and training.
• Generates records of activities and communicates to Supervisor(s) when parts are needed.
• Maintains 5S environment in work area.
• Ensures all auxiliary equipment is in place and in working order.
• Adheres to plant and corporate EHS policies.
• May assist in other areas or perform other duties as required by fluctuating business needs.
• Must possess a high degree of skill and a broad knowledge of mechanical principles and electro-mechanical techniques, pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, robotics, conveying, automation, or other technical expertise.
• Must be able to read Hydraulic, Pneumatic, and Mechanical Schematics.
• Possesses well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and multi-task environment.
• Must be able to measure, plan, weld, and fabricate.
• Possesses forklift experience and currently has or has been forklift certified.
• Ability to read, write and follow written or verbal instructions.
• Ability to speak read and write English.
• Demonstrates organizational skills and is very detail oriented.
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Computer experience is required.
Must hold a maintenance journeyman card or 2 year degree in equivalent field of machine repair, hydraulics, industrial electrical, PLCs.
Rexam - 20 months ago
Can you think of a better way to preserve, protect, and promote beverages? Rexam Beverage Can! Rexam Beverage Can is one of the biggest...