Sets up and operates diverse types of machinery (i.e. CNC, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, or Automatic) in assigned cell, in order to produce various types of products used in the medical industry. Equipment used depends on product manufacturing or operation being performed. Ensures production requirements are met, product quality is maintained, machine maintenance is adhered to, and safety rules are followed.
Duties & Other Responsibilities:
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sets up and operates diverse types of equipment used to manufacture various types of products within established quality requirements. Generally, these are established products but, on occasion, may work on test or new products. 65%
- Operations being performed depend on cell assignment and product being manufactured but include and are not limited to, cutting raw material, drilling, milling, de-burring, threading, buffing, bead blasting, vibratory, etc.
- Equipment used may be CNC, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Manual or Automatic and includes, but is not limited to, various types of lathes, mills, grinder, roll flows, vibrator, drill presses, rabbit, tortoise, bead blaster, grinding wheels, buffer, bench press, tool grinder, etc.
- All operators use various types of measuring instruments including, numerous types of gages, micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
- All operator use diverse types of hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screw drivers, etc) to adjust or change tooling or fixtures for set up changes or quality adjustments.
Following process sheets and using individual judgment, performs first piece and in process quality checks. This is done both visually and mechanically. Adjusts set up or changes tooling as necessary to maintain quality levels. Fills out paperwork correctly according to GMP rules. 15%
Performs scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance on a regular basis such as, but not limited to, checking and replacing coolant, checking fluid oils, emptying metal chips, and cleaning machinery and work areas. Interfaces with maintenance regarding equipment breakdowns. 10%
Completes rework, as necessary, on products rejected by quality inspection. Works with other production areas and cell leaders as necessary, to resolve quality problems. 5%
Provides input to cell leader or tool room manufacturing engineer for either more efficient cell operations or tool/fixture design. 5%
Works following appropriate safety practices in order to prevent accidents to self or co-workers.
Performs other related duties, as required.
Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
Professional Experience & Educational Requirements :
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Six months job experience that would demonstrate mechanical aptitude, such as machine operator, maintenance work, etc.
- Six months to be proficient.
- Education and training normally associate with a High School Diploma.
- Good math skills and ability to learn metrics required.
Synthes - 17 months ago
Brittle, broken, battered bones cease to be a problem with Synthes around. The company makes devices, instruments, and implants used for the...