POSITION: Machine Operator I
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Abides by all Amcor’s Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
- Maintains standard production objectives through proper machine operation and accurately records production
- Knows and practices safe and proper start-up and shutdown procedures for each machine.
- Performs minor adjustments to machinery involving hand movements and simple hand tools to ensure smooth, continued machine operation.
- Has authority to stop machines/production to communicate machine problems and breakdowns to Group Leader or Maintenance Manager
- Inspects product for quality defects. Has authority to stop production due to quality issues.
- Maintains housekeeping of all assigned areas. This includes applying Good Manufacturing Practices to meet plant goals and continuous improvement.
- Fork lift operator certified (if authorized) and when assigned to forklift operation (a) performs daily safety and operational checks and, (b) operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Move finished product with a forklift from the production area by a) unloading, moving and storing incoming materials and, b) checking identification, reporting shortages or damaged materials, storing stacking and arranging material for first in /first out usage.
- Must be able to understand case packer functionality and troubleshoot problems quickly.
- Must be able to quickly grasp operation of downstream equipment and possess trouble-shooting ability.
- Must be able to communicate changes in the production schedule to Operators and Stackers, e.g., countdown and color changes.
- May be required to hand pack containers into cartons on an as needed basis.
- Follows all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook and as trained during the various safety-related training programs. Understands and communicates all hazards and safety issues to co-workers and managers/supervisors. Properly uses all personal protective equipment.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area according to company standards.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the Shift Supervisor/Production Manager.
Demonstrate knowledge of and understanding in the following areas:
• Utilize machine downtime to clean machine and surrounding area in detail
• Record processes of each machine at the beginning of the shift
• Record any process changes that have been made during the shift
• Assure quality of incoming materials to the blow machine
• Understand Cold mold process defects
• Understand Heat set process defects
• Understand Bottle transfer area
• Understand Blow wheel area
• Understand Bottle exit areas
• Safety doors and e-stop locations
• Understand Preform dumpsters
• Understand SPC and trend charts
• EFI process defects
• Understand chain of notification if a machine problem exists
• Research machine malfunction and provide accurate information for the set up operator
• High School Diploma
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, or walk and is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel, and climb stairs. The employee is regularly required to communicate with other employees and be aware of sounds in the plant. Employee is required to be awake and alert during all work hours. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...