Set up machine and ensure it is running properly. Dump product into hopper. Monitor all finished good to ensure they are properly loaded into boxes and stacked on pallets. Clean machine properly after production runs and maintain a clean work area. Direct other employees that are assigned to the line to properly perform their assigned duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-operational checks.
- Set dies, films, settings, etc., on the machine and monitor to make sure it is running properly.
- Follow work order concerning: weight, pack, description, pull date, gas flush, UPC, tie and tier.
- Achieve productivity goals.
- Ensure quality of product and integrity of packaging.
- Dump product into hopper.
- Records production output on work order.
- Stack boxes onto pallets.
- Clean machine properly after runs including allergen clean-ups.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Observe all plant safety rules, GMP’s and attend appropriate training.
- Responsible for manufacturing, distributing and consistently maintaining safe and quality food by following good manufacturing practices, allergen controls, food defense, HACCP and SQF requirements.
- Responsible for immediately reporting all food safety and quality issues to your manager.
- Responsible for partnering with others; Sharing knowledge, skills and information within your team and across functional areas.
- Responsible for enhancing technical and functional competencies, as well as professional and leadership development.
- Perform all other duties as necessary.
Previous experience in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) regulated environment is preferred. Basic mathematical skills, some mechanical ability, and able to follow directions. Good manual dexterity, vision, and mobility. Must be able to read and write English.
G.M.P. and Protective Wear:
Hairnet, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, and mask as needed.
Job Specific Requirements:
In the event that the Machine Operator is absent, the Supervisor/Manager is responsible for providing an equally qualified person to cover this position.
John B. Sanfilippo - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. is engaged in processing and marketing of tree nuts and peanuts in the United States. These nuts are sold...