Machine Operator II is responsible for the set up and operation of a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Ensures final product meets customer expectations.
• Secures and maintains material and supplies required on the operation according to production sheets.
• Completes work area set up.
• Operates and feeds the machine in a safe and efficient manner, and according to established procedures.
• Continually watches the machine to ensure quality.
• Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finish product.
• Operates hand tools to complete assembly process.
• Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
• Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
• Maintains production records as required.
• Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
• Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
• May perform preventive maintenance as specified.
• Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 6th grade basic education, preferred 9th grade education
• Minimum of 6 months of experience in manufacturing and/or assembling is required.
• Working knowledge of basic math.
Skills and abilities
• Ability to work in a safe manner
• Ability to recognize quality of material
• Demonstrates ability to perform LOTO
• Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
• Demonstrate ability to use and operate hand tools
• Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
• Ability to pay attention to surroundings
• Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
• Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English.
• Ability to read a tape measure and read blue prints or plans
• Ability to troubleshoot the machine or equipment in use.
• Ability to understand efficiencies and productivity measures
• Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
• Ability to work under immediate supervision
• Ability to pass a drug test
• Ability to work hours mandated by management
• Safety conscious
• Team player and goal oriented
• Open to change and positive attitude
• Committed to plant and company goals
• Participates in Safety and CI programs
• Punctual and reliable
• Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Universal Forest Products Inc - 6 months ago