Assembly of custom cables, fine pitch and small gauge wire soldering.
Support manufacturing of product to meet company standards and specification through performing duties in a professional manner within a cohesive team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
With readily available supervision and technical guidance:
• Operate one or more injection molding machine that mold thermoplastic materials.
• Wire cutters, crimpers and strippers.
• Work includes loading the fixtures.
• Cycling the machine, removing parts from the mold.
• Checking molded parts by gauging and visual inspection as prescribed.
• Participate in cross-functional activities to support the needs of the entire company.
• Perform process steps within established cycle times and Quality expectations.
• Continually reduce set-up time.
Start up, Shut down and General Maintenance of Machines:
• Performs maintenance and cleaning procedures (clean mold, blowing out the Hopper, etc.).
• Performs set up and start up procedures (set temperatures, checks tools, pressures, speeds, times, secondary switches, trees, etc.).
• Performs shut down procedures.
• Acquires, completes, and updates mold set up documentation.
Training of other employees:
• Help set and follow standard setup practices as needed.
• Communicate and correct other o perators when they are not following procedure in any area of production.
• Maintain documentation.
• Assist Lead with training new employees on ERP system functions as needed.
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Machine operation in an electronic assembly company preferred.
• Machine operating experience is desired.
• PC / controller skills are desired.
Must be able to communicate in English, minimal verbally and written communication, plus ability to read work instructions in English preferred.
Preferred having basic math skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to read and understand basic instructions, such as job routing sheets, standard work instructions, and various visual aids.
• Ability to use basic math.
• Complete time cards, production sheets and other necessary calculations.
• Ability to use simple measuring devices, such as 6 inch ruler, metric ruler, calipers, and testers.
• Ability to differentiate colors for assembly process.
• Good manual dexterity.
• Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control practices.
• Organization skills.
• Basic computer skills.
Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, twist, stoop, pull, push, assemble, and carry for extended periods of time. Ability to lift objects of 10 to 15 lbs regularly and up to 25 lbs occasionally.
• Works in a standard production environment.
• Operates machine tools and related process and monitoring equipment, in addition to some production tools.
• Lifts up to 50 lbs.
• Chemical handling.
• Personal Protective Equipment as required.
Ability to perform in a manufacturing environment that may have high noise levels, dust, chemicals, oil and grease. Ability to work in an environment that may be either hot or cold or humid.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
AMETEK, Inc. - 7 months ago