ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads job specifi cations to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Sets stops or guides to specifi ed length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Positions workpiece against stops or aligns layout marks with die or blade.
- Pushes button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy and quality of machine operation.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or workpieces.
- Sets up machine, and stacks, marks, packs, and transports fi nished workpieces.
- Directs and trains machine operator’s assistant.
- Follows all safety rules.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to fi nger, handle, or feel; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds assisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Atas International, Inc is a manufacturer of metal roofing. This year, Atas celebrates their 40th year in business.