1. Position Summary
Operate molding machines and lift equipment, inspect,
pack if necessary plastic containers and perform
scheduled charting and inspections on machines and
1. Areas of Responsibility
1. Start and stop stretch blow molding, injection
molding, reheat and blow molding and extrusion blow
molding machines to produce quality plastic
2. Perform routine inspections, cleaning &
lubricating and/or tightening of machine assembles
per preventative maintenance procedures.
3. Perform container inspections using test
equipment, statistical quality methods & visual
4. Perform line inspections to verify the packing of
5. Pack containers into boxes/cartons at designated
production-line speeds according to specifications &
stack packed cartons to build 4 ft. high units as
6. Safely operate lift trucks to move materials.
7. Perform as a responsible team member to maintain a
clean, safe, and effective work environment.
8. Operate blow molding, injection molding, reheat
and blow molding and extrusion blow molding
9. Pull seepage, apply SPC methodologies for
initiating machine adjustments, change materials,
assist in changeovers and identify start and stop of
out-of-spec production (heldware)
10. Complete required documentation (Daily completion
of log books and operator monitoring).
11. Perform sample retention per procedure at
12. Machine area kept clean and conforming to 5S
standards (Empty trashcans, seepage barrels, scrap
bottles on floor, machines wiped down daily, etc).
13. Ensure correct color barrels are used on lines.
14. Coordinate team assignments and work flow to
insure meeting the daily production plan.
15. Arrange learning opportunities for team members
to continue their development
16. Provide responsible leadership regarding
compliance to policies and standards.
17. Identify and root-cause of defects in containers
and recommend processing adjustments to eliminate
the defect. Trouble shoot mechanical and processing
18. Perform color changeovers (cleaning of plastrac,
calibration and disk change)
1. Must know and follow all GMP/ASI/ISO procedures.
2. Must be able to work safely and follow safety
rules and JSA procedures.
3. Must be able to identify and report violations and
unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
4. Must be able to wear protective clothing such as
hair net, uniform, safety shoes, gloves,
long-sleeved shirt and earplugs.
5. Must be able to effectively respond in emergency
situations such as fires and accidents.
6. Must be able to follow all department procedures
7. All of the above are essential job functions.
8. Must own required basic hand tools.
9. Preferred candidates will need Nissei, Aoki,
Husky, Bekum, and/or SIPA operating
1. Qualification Requirements
1. Must have good math skills. Able to add, subtract,
divide, multiply decimals and weight grams.
2. Able to read; must be able to read English text,
blueprints. Write, speak and understand English
3. Writing skills required: Must be able to
communicate in writing with all levels of
organization in English.
4. Able to work overtime on any shift on short
5. High school diploma or general education degree
(GED); or one to three years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
6. Ability to understand Statistical Process Control
charts and data