About the Company:
Blount Fine Foods is a private, family owned company that has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
This position requires an ability to work in a fast-paced cold environment, a "can do attitude", and the ability to follow procedures. This person would be responsible for the efficient, accurate, operation of in-line equipment for the production of Division 9 products.
· Follow recipe and HACCP steps to ensure correct completion of all recipes to pre-determined standards.
· Final in-line word and responsibility on all recipes being produced.
· Ability to learn, operate and adjust multiple in-line pieces of processing equipment.
· Ability to multi task multiple recipes and steps at the same time; working organized and clean.
· Responsible for completing required paperwork accurately and honestly
· Must adhere to posted GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices)
· Ability to own, lead and develop one’s own production line/process with 100% adherence to all recipe designs; no deviations.
· Ability through training and appropriate time in the position; to run, adjust, breakdown and reassemble job specific processing equipment.
· Responsible for any and all line product being put “on hold” or deemed “waste”, as a result of line error or inefficiencies.
· Cleans and inspects all process equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards in an efficient manner.
· Responsible for any and all line “Down Time”, related to your processing line/equipment.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented with above average organizational skills. They must be self motivated, possess leadership skills and experience, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to deal with problems and communicate effectively within the department. Must be able to interact in a dynamic team environment with a positive attitude and sound judgment.
1 year certificate from college or technical school or 1-2 years previous machine operator experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Previous experience with form filled equipment preferred.
Medical, dental and vision benefits
401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
Paid time off including vacation, personal time and holidays
Education Assistance Program
Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations