Headquartered in Salisbury, Maryland, Jubilant Cadista Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a noted, Top 10 fastest growing generic pharmaceutical company in the United States. Vertically integrated with the parent company (Jubilant Life Sciences) in India, Cadista applies its local market expertise and technical capabilities to all forms of solid dose products to enhance patient outcomes. Cadista employs approximately 250 employees and generates approximately 100MM in annual revenue. The site is uniquely located on the Eastern Shore within 30 minutes east of beautiful Ocean City, Maryland and the same to the Chesapeake Bay to the west. For more information, visit www.cadista.com .
The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for ensuring that the all packaging equipment has been set-up and maintained to the facilities CGMP requirements
. Essential Functions
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Set up packaging line for the next run, including start-up adjustments of the batch and obtaining all blister fill specifications for that changeover.
- Maintain Blister line in good working order at all times. Inspect the Blister equipment often for wear. If worn parts are noticed working with packaging Supervisor or maintenance Supervisor to schedule repairs or general maintenance work.
- Maintain tools and supplies in proper working condition
- Make any machine adjustments necessary during the packaging run as required
- Visually inspect Blister line as it is running to verify the machine is running within normal and safe operational parameters.
- May require fabrication of parts for equipment on the Blister line.
- Keep the Blister line lubricated and clean during run
- Make sure all paperwork is complete and accurate throughout and after run
- Recommend destruction and replacement of worn and damaged change parts and tooling.
- Maintain an organized storage system for change parts and tooling so that it is protected
- Perform any and all additional tasks relating to the operation of the packaging department as requested
- Follow company policies, cGMP’s and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment functionality
Experience and Qualifications
T o perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience and education required :
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required :
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good observation skills and attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office)
- Mechanically inclined
- Analytical thinking skills
- Experience with IMA Ecostar preferred
The working environment demands of this job are physically and environmentally centered on characteristics and abilities involved in this work. The work environment considers the risks and discomforts in the physical surroundings and the nature of the work assigned to ensure that all safety regulations and techniques required to perform the job are precautions practical to eliminate all risks.
- Most frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent sitting, talking, or hearing.
- Use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Walk short distances
- Work is regularly performed inside in an office and manufacturing environment.
- The work area would be an office space generally involving a work desk and a computer.
- Exposure to dust, noise, odor, fumes.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Must exercise extreme safety and precaution at all times in all situations